Monday, May 6, 2013

Decent, quick read - Dandelions on the wind

I just recently finished reading Dandelions on the Wind by Mona Hodgson.  It was a really easy read.  I found the book to be somewhat interesting but not a lot of depth to it.  This is the second book I have read by this author and so far neither have been my absolutely favorite. 

The book is about a girl that was brought to America as a mail order bride.  When she gets to America her sight starts to fail and the man she is suppose to marry leaves.  He doesn't want to deal with a bride that is going to be blind.  So, she is taken in by a women who is widowed taking care of her granddaughter.  To find out her granddaughter's dad left when his wife died in childbirth.  He returns in the book. 

I love the fact that their is a love story and that she looks like she is going to find happiness.  It just seemed like the story need more to it.  It was very basic.  I was halfway through the book and still felt like I was getting to know the characters.  I plan to try and read the second book only because I am curious to see what happens. 

I give this book a 3 out of 5 stars.  I was given a digital copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah.   I was not paid for this review. 


No comments: