Monday, August 25, 2008

Typical day on the homestead

Well lately my days have included putting up lots of food for the winter. I keep telling everyone I am preparing for the worst winter ever. My freezers are getting to the point of busting at the seams, but I still keep finding room. Today I was blessed from a dear friend with over 10 pounds more of blueberries. I also picked up another 1/2 bushel of peaches to can. That will be tomorrows project. Tomorrow I also have to pick all the tomatoes. I am hoping that I won't have to can these until Thursday.

Today we got school done. So far so good. This year is going well we are in our 3rd week of school and so far things are going well. Still haven't been able to get my youngest dd who is 4 to really sit down and do anything but I am not pushing it. She loves to do projects, but learn her ABC's that is another story.

Well tomorrow is another day, can't wait to see what the good Lord has in store.

Jenni

No comments: